At All Out, we value financial transparency and accountability.
Each donation we receive goes a long way because we are smart users of technology, working globally with very low overhead. We deliver a global campaign operation with nothing more than our online platforms, basic equipment, and a small, hard-working and awesome staff.
See below for additional details on our finances. If you have questions, contact us.
All Out is an independently governed and financed global movement that operates as a U.S. registered 501(c)(4) non-proﬁt advocacy organization focused on changing policy. All Out also maintains a U.S. registered 501(c)(3) fund, administered by the Tides Foundation, focused on education and changing culture.
All Out depends on individual donations from our supporters to keep going. For that reason, we run multiple fundraising campaigns over the year, both to support partners and to cover our campaigning and organizational costs. We also receive the generous support of our Equality Champions, supporters that commit to making monthly donations to All Out. To become an Equality Champion, click here.
In 2018, 51% of our income came from 46,529 individual donations with an average gift of $15 USD. Our goal is to be financially sustained by our supporters, so that we are accountable to the community we serve. Consider becoming an Equality Champion to help us reach this goal!
All Out currently receives generous support from the following foundations:
Over the past years, we have also received support from the Arcus Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Gill Foundation, the Baring Foundation, the Open Society Foundations' Open Society Initiative for Europe, and the Sigrid Rausing Trust.
Since February 2016, All Out is actively seeking donations from corporate sources that are consistent with our mission. Any corporate donations must go through a thorough process of internal due diligence and analysis. We maintain an in-principle ban on donations from companies whose behavior is at odds with All Out's values, the rights of LGBT+ people, or human rights generally.
In 2018, 83% of funds donated to All Out went directly to our campaigning work. The other 17% went to important organizational needs like management, fundraising, legal advice, accounting support, and infrastructure – all of which are vital to keeping us running.
While All Out is a global organization, we are currently incorporated in the state of New York, U.S. Under U.S. Federal law, All Out must conduct an annual independent audit of our finances. Our audits are conducted by Gruber Palumberi Raffaele Fried, P.C.
As a tax-exempt non-profit organization, each year All Out files a so-called Form 990 with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to provide information to the public on our finances.
When you donate to All Out, you are turning solidarity into real action.
You are fuelling global campaigning that changes the conversation and holds decision makers accountable for the way they treat LGBT+ people.
You are providing life-changing and life-saving assistance to our partner groups who operate in some of the most hostile places for LGBT+ people on the planet.
You are enabling All Out to fulfil its mission of working to create a world where no one has to sacrifice their family or freedom, safety or dignity because of who they are or who they love.
Our opponents are frighteningly well funded. To counter their hate with hope and love, we are dependent on people power - a global community who want to pool their voices and their resources to stand up for equality and justice.